RPB® Safety is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information you might provide via any RPB® Safety website. This policy explains how we manage personal information and the security precautions taken.
Collection of personal information
RPB® Safety collects information about online customers and other website users, including:
- Personal information provided voluntarily when completing a your log in information and serial number registration.
- Website usage information through tracking individual website users' click behavior.
- Aggregated data, measuring traffic to the websites but not relating to you personally.
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, certain services may not be available to you online. Details including your name, address, email address, telephone number, may be required in order to access extra features of the rpbsafety.com website.
Protection of personal information
When you register product or access your information, a secure server is used. RPB® Safety uses the highest available industry standard data encryption for transmission of any personal information you provide online. Known as EV-SSL (Extended Validation Secure Sockets Layer) protocol, you can check this is active by looking for the padlock symbol on many browsers and the address bar displays green. EV-SSL allows a secure connection between your web browser and our web server, using a private (or secret) key to encrypt the information. RPB® Safety makes no warranty in respect of the effectiveness of encryption used and RPB® Safety is not responsible for events arising from unauthorized access of the information you provide.
Use of information
RPB® Safety collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To assist in providing the services you request.
- To process any communications you request.
- Internal research.
- To verify your identity and assist you if you forget your login or password details on RPB® websites.
- Any other use that you authorize.
- Your password is only stored as encrypted data and is not accessible by RPB® Safety, in the event of a forgotten log in or password RPB®Safety will provide you with a temporary password so you can gain access to your information. In this event you will have to answer some security questions.
Disclosure of personal information
RPB® Safety will not sell, or allow third parties access to your information without your approval, unless it is authorized or required by law. RPB® Safety will not sell directly to any of your customers that may be provided to RPB® Safety when you register a product.
Access to and correction of information
You may access and correct your information, at any time. If you have registered as a user on an RPB® Safety website, you may access and update your information by logging in with your username and password. You may also unsubscribe from RPB® Safety's email communications at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in every RPB® Safety promotion email you receive. If at any time you are unsure of how to access or correct your information, please Contact Us.
A cookie is a small data file placed on your hard drive by the RPB®Safety website server which may be put on your computer's hard disk in order to recognize your computer at a later time. A cookie cannot read your hard drive or perform any commands on your computer and does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, however you will experience a loss of functionality as a result. An example of the data in cookie that we use is: "1xb9c10948e5e46c9c".
RPB® Safety may use the information collected by cookies to:
- Track website usage patterns.
- Display content more relevant to you, based on information we collect when you visit our websites.
- Enable you to use certain services on our websites.
- Assess effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
When RPB® Safety materially modifies this Privacy and Security Policy, a notice will be placed on RPB® Safety's home page. We also recommend you routinely review this Privacy and Security Policy to understand how we manage the personal information that you provide.
If you have any questions about the privacy and security of your personal information, please Contact Us.